There is a single storage location for your personal files from several accounts:
- Files are stored on Nexus drive
- Personal Web pages are on www.eng
- Email disk quotas on Mailservices and Engfile are at least 1 GB total.
- On Nexus workstations you can check your N drive quota with the tool on the Windows task bar.
- File access is available through the Nexus portal (encrypted via SSL). If you want to move more than one file at a time, you can use a secure copy client (e.g. PuTTY) to connect to engage.uwaterloo.ca.
Files stored on ecfile1
, the faculty file server, are regularly backed up for disaster recovery (rather than archiving). Recently deleted or corrupted files can often be recovered, provided they've existed long enough to have been through a nightly back-up cycle.
To request a file recovery, visit the Engineering Computer User Support Centre
, bringing details of the name and location of the file, and the "best-before" date.