My research lies at the interface of operations research and information systems. I look at problems in information aggregation, telecommunications, operations management, and production analysis using non-linear and linear optimization, game theory, and statistics. If you have any questions about any of the work listed, then please contact me. Following Tri-agency policy, I have recent papers publicly available on the University of Waterloo paper repository
. You can find more information about my publications on my Google Scholar profile.
- Jingjing Long, Cuiqing Jiang, Stanko Dimitrov, Zhao Wang. Clues from networks: quantifying relational risk for credit risk evaluation of SMEs. Financial Innovation, 2022, 8(1):41. jornal page. (open access)
- Ali AbdulHussein, Brian Cozzarin, Stanko Dimitrov. Changes in consumer spending behavior during the COVID-19 pandemic across product categories. Electronic Commerce Research, to appear. jornal page.
- Vishvesh Shah, Stanko Dimitrov. A comparative study of univariate time-series methods for sales forecasting. International Journal of Business and Data Analytics, to appear. jornal page (currently not active).
- Frank Figge, Stan Dimitrov, Rainer Schlosser, Régis Chenavaz. Does the circular economy fuel the throwaway society? The role of opportunity costs for aging products. Journal of Cleaner Production, 2022, 368:133207. journal page (open access).
- Erica Rustico, Stanko Dimitrov. Environmental taxation: The impact of carbon tax policy commitment on technology choice and social welfare. International Journal of Production Economics, 2022, 243:108328. journal page.
- Nicolas Huck, Régis Chenavaz, Stanko Dimitrov. Psychological Prices at Retail Gasoline Stations: The Policies of 0-, 5-, and 9-Ending Prices. Applied Economics, 2021, 53(48):5584-5598. journal page.
- Stanko Dimitrov, Brian Cozzarin. Impact of Intellectual Capital on Small-Firm Growth: A Longitudinal Study from Inc. 5000. Small Enterprise Research, 2021, 28(2):95-114. journal page.
- Rainer Schlosser, Régis Chenavaz, Stanko Dimitrov. Circular Economy: Dynamic Pricing and Recycling Policies. International Journal of Production Economics, June 2021, 236. journal page.
- Stanko Dimitrov, Brian Cozzarin. E-Banking and Consumer Debt. International Journal of Electronic Banking, 2021, 3(1):27-38. journal page.
- Hossein Khosroshahi, Stanko Dimitrov, S.Reza Hejazi. Pricing, greening, and transparency decisions considering the impact of government subsidies and CSR behavior in supply chain decisions. Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, May 2021, 60. journal page.
- Régis Chenavaz, Stanko Dimitrov, Frank Figge. When Does Eco-Efficiency Rebound or Backfire? An Analytical Model. European Journal of Operational Research, April 2021, 290(2):687–700. journal page.
- Yaser Abolghasemi, Stanko Dimitrov. Determining the causality between U.S. presidential prediction markets and global financial markets. International Journal of Finance and Economics, 2021, 26(3):4534-4556. journal page.
- Daao Wang, Stanko Dimitrov, Lirong Jian. Optimal Inventory decisions for a Risk-Averse Retailer when Offering Layaway. European Journal of Operational Research, July 2020, 284(1):108-120 journal page.
- Brian Cozzarin, Stanko Dimitrov, Bonwoo Koo. Organisational Change in the Innovating Firm: Size, R&D and Sector Effects. International Journal of Innovation Management, June 2020, 24(5) journal page.
- Ehsan Haghi, Hamidreza Shamsi, Stanko Dimitrov, Michael Fowler, Kaamran Raahemifar. Assessing the potential of fuel cell-powered and battery-powered forklifts for reducing GHG emissions using clean surplus power; a game theory approach. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 2020 journal page.
- Stanko Dimitrov, Oben Ceryan. Optimal Inventory Decisions when Offering Layaway. International Journal of Production Research, 2019, 57(4):1161-117. pdf journal page
- Chen Di, Stanko Dimitrov, Qi-Ming He. Incentive Compatibility in Prediction Markets: Costly Actions and External Incentives. International Journal of Forecasting, January–March 2019, 35(1):351–370. journal page
- Jenyi Chen, Stanko Dimitrov, Hubert Pun. The Impact of Government Subsidy on Supply Chains’ Sustainability Innovation. OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science, July 2019, 86:42–58. journal page
- Arthur Carvalho, Stanko Dimitrov, Kate Larson. On Proper Scoring Rules and Cumulative Prospect Theory. EURO Journal on Decision Processes, 2018, 6(3–4):343–376. journal page
- Jiaxin Liu, Stanko Dimitrov. Open Shortest Path First Routing under Random Early Detection. Networks, 2018, 71(2):120-135. pdf; journal page
- Majid Karimi, Stanko Dimitrov. On the Road to Making Science of "Art": Risk Bias in Market Scoring Rules. Decision Analysis, 2018, 15(2):72-89. (INFORMS Decision Analysis Society Student Paper Finalist 2017) pdf
- Michael Bartolacci, Stanko Dimitrov. Promoting Resiliency in Emergency Communication Networks: A Network Interdiction Stylized Initial Case Study Model of a Miami-Dade County Network. International Journal of Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management (IJISCRAM), 2017, 9(1):1-10. pdf
- Jenyi Chen, Stanko Dimitrov. Eco-Innovation with Opportunity of Licensing and Threat of Imitation. Journal of Cleaner Production, March 2017, 147:306-318. pdf
- Xiaopeng Yang, Stanko Dimitrov. Data Envelopment Analysis may Obfuscate Corporate Financial Data: Using Support Vector Machine and Data Envelopment Analysis to Predict Corporate Failure for Nonmanufacturing Firms. INFOR: Information Systems and Operational Research, 2017, 55(4):295–311. pdf
- Lifei Jiang, Stanko Dimitrov, Benny Mantin. P2P marketplaces and retailing in the presence of consumers' valuation uncertainty. Production and Operations Management, March 2017, 26(3):509–524. pdf
- Arthur Carvalho, Stanko Dimitrov, Kate Larson. Inducing Honest Reporting of Private Information in the Presence of Social Projection. Decision, January 2017, 4(1):25–51. pdf
- Arthur Carvalho, Stanko Dimitrov, Kate Larson. How Many Crowdsourced Workers Should a Requester Hire? Annals of Mathematics and Artificial Intelligence, September 2016, 78(1):45-72. pdf
- Brian P. Cozzarin, Stanko Dimitrov. Mobile Commerce and Device Specific Perceived Risk. Electronic Commerce Research, September 2016, 16(3):335-354. pdf
- Andrew Brown, Stanko Dimitrov, Ada Barlatt. Routing Distributions and their Impact on Dispatch Rules. Computers & Industrial Engineering, 88, October 2015, 293-306. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov, Rahul Sami, Marina Epelman. Subsidized Prediction Markets for Risk Averse Agents. ACM Transactions on Economics and Computation, 3(4), July 2015. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov. Comparing Data Envelopment Analysis and Human Decision Making Unit Rankings: A Survey Approach. Economic Quality Control, 29(2), Jaunary 2015, 129-141. pdf
- Lin Yang, Stanko Dimitrov, Benny Mantin. Forecasting Sales of New Virtual Goods with the Elo Rating System. Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management, 13(6), October 2014, 457–469. pdf
- Nedialko B. Dimitrov, Stanko Dimitrov, Stefanka Chukova. Robust decomposable Markov decision processes motivated by allocating school budgets, European Journal of Operational Research, 239(1), 2014, 199 - 213. pdf
- Jenyi Chen, Stanko Dimitrov. National and Store Brand Advertising Strategies. Journal
of the Operational Research Society, 66(8), August 2015, 1237-1249. pdf
- Warren Sutton, Stanko Dimitrov. The U.S. Navy Explores Detailing Cost Reduction via
Data Envelopment Analysis. European Journal of Operational Research,
227 (1), May 2013, 166–173. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov, Warren Sutton. Generalized Symmetric Weight Assignment Technique: Incorporating Managerial Preferences in Data Envelopment Analysis Using a
Penalty Function. OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science,
41 (1), January 2013, 48-54. pdf
- Yiling Chen, Stanko
Dimitrov, Rahul Sami, Daniel M. Reeves, David M. Pennock, Robin D. Hanson,
Lance Fortnow, Rica Gonen. Gaming Prediction Markets: Equilibrium Strategies
with a Market Maker. Algorithmica, 58 (4), December 2010, 930-969. pdf
- Stanko Dimitrov, Warren
Sutton. Promoting Symmetric Weight Selection in Data Envelopment Analysis: A
Penalty Function Approach. European Journal of Operational Research,
200 (1), January 2010, 281–288. pdf
Potential Graduate Students
If funding is available, I tend to accept one graduate student per academic year. If you are a student residing in North America, then please feel free to reach out to me by email. Unfortunately, I am not able to respond to all requests in terms of their compatibility with my research program. However, I encourage interested students to apply to graduate studies in the Department of Management Sciences
. If you are particularly interested in working with me, then please complete this online assessment